Friday, September 22, 2017

Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year’s It Bags




Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags



One of this year’s “it” designer handbags is undoubtedly the Chloe Nile. First spotted on the runway a year ago, the Nile is the latest in Chloe’s string of recent hit designer bags (following popular styles such as the Drew, Faye, and Hudson). I’m very careful and selective about bags – as much as I would love to snatch up every new designer bag that hits the shelves, the reality is my budget simply does not allow for that. I have to be thoughtful about purchasing designer bags and view them strictly as a luxury want and not a need. With that said, I was really excited to add the Chloe Nile to my closet.

First, let’s talk about what makes an “it” bag. I’m sure everyone would love to know, especially the many designers that are constantly thinking of new designs and sending them out to various companies and individuals in the fashion industry. Stores can’t keep them in stock and somehow every cool fashion girl you know is carrying it. A big part of a label’s image and perception? Influencers. Celebrities, magazine editors, bloggers, social media influencers, the most stylish girl in your office. All of a sudden it seems like everyone has a bag and you just have to get your hands on it. Sometimes people will wait for months for a bag! The Chloe Nile debuted last year in Paris on the runway, and has been seen on the streets since then on many well known influencers. It’s easy to see why it’s been given the title of “it” bag.


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


White is my favorite color to wear, but I’ve always shied away from white handbags. Because let’s face it, white leather screams disaster from a mile away. I’d like to think I’m more cautious and responsible now than I was in my late teens, so after doing extensive research on proper care for white leather, I took the plunge (I always like to do my homework before making a big purchase : )).


I opted for the small crossbody version of the Chloe Nile and it is my favorite bag to carry at the moment – I receive tons of compliments on the bag and the white color freshens up any outfit (it comes in a variety of other colors as well – I love this metallic and this gray version as well)! If you’re considering this bag for yourself, read on for my honest review of this purchase.


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


Reviewing the “Chloe Nile” Bag


Size + space: the small crossbody bag is ideal if you’re on the go and traveling light. For reference, I have an iPhone 6s+ and in certain phone cases it does not fit in the bag. I can get away with my phone, a cardholder, chapstick, lipstick, and my keys in the bag. This size is perfect for daytime. The bracelet bag is even smaller. If you like more space in your bag, go for the medium size. Personally, I think the small is the perfect amount of space.


Material: the leather is well made and does not scratch easily. Of course, it never hurts to treat the leather on your handbags. So far I have not had any issues with my bag scratching and the metal bracelet part is not abrasive on the bag itself.


Interior: the inside of the bag is soft suede and looks beautiful. I imagine this would be difficult to clean if you got it dirty, so something to keep in mind if you are prone to accidents and spills.


Price: Chloe bags tend to be less pricey than Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and YSL. The Nile collection tends to fall in the $1500 range.


Practicality: the size and structure of the bag makes it ideal for daytime. However, I think it could also easily transition to night, especially in the summer.


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year's It Bags


Overall, if you’re looking for a small leather crossbody that works well from day to night, I recommend the Chloe Nile. This style isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and will continue to wear well for years to come. Chloe bags continue to be iconic and translate well long after they hit the streets. They also have decent resell value, if you ever decide to find your bag a new home.


What bags are you currently lusting over?


xx, Amy


dress: lpa (on sale!) bag: chloe | shoes: similar


jewelry: elizabeth stone | sunnies: raen




 








Post From: The Luxi Look

http://ift.tt/2xYnJtR

The post Chloe Nile Bag: Reviewing One of This Year’s It Bags appeared first on ARSO.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CABO SAN LUCAS VS SAN JOSE DEL CABO

  Similarities & differences between the two. Which one is right for you? Cabo is one of Californian's go-to spots for a mini getawa...